Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Date with the Blender

Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours in my kitchen with my Vita-Mix.   A friend had sent me an e-mail question about constipation and sluggish bowels...
I do have some experience in this area with my own GI tract issues, so I was happy to share how I deal with this situation.  I then became inspired to do a little cleanse of my own.  
The pictures below are the recipes I use to get things moving.  I find it helpful to consume mainly raw foods in blended forms to move things along and juice to allow my digestive tract to rest in between meals and for their healing properties.

RED LEMONADE
1/2 cucumber 
mixed baby greens
collards
1 small beet~unpeeled & quartered
celery
ginger
romaine
water to blend
strain & add
100% organic lemon juice
liquid stevia to taste


This is my finished product and it was refreshing & delicious!

BLENDED SALAD
2 vine ripe tomatoes quartered
baby greens
romaine
lots of celery
cilantro
mango
jalapeno
lemon or lime juice
I like to blend mine into a chunky consistency so that it has some texture with something to chew on. I also find that this helps with bulking things up to get them moving.







ARUGULA SMOOTHIE
1 c. of water
1 c. mixed berries
1/2 c. mango
2 c. of arugula~this has a very unique taste so do not use this much unless you like it
hemp seeds
ginger
blend & serve

These are the ingredients for the smoothie I made for my children.
almond milk
spinach
banana
mango
blueberries
hemp seeds
blend & serve

I really love fresh raw almond milk!   We drink a lot of it at our house.
I used one cup of soaked almonds and 6 c. of water and blended
I strain mine through a nut milk bag for a smooth & creamy milk.
If you prefer at more creamy milk, just decrease the amount of water to nuts.


1 comment:

  1. wow you were busy making some beautiful looking recipes!!
    Peace & Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...