Monday, January 9, 2012

Priorities...and My Favorite Blended Salad

Greetings and Happy New Year to my blog readers.   I have been on a leave of absence for a few months while taking care of my family, managing a large group buy and all the Holiday celebrations.
I hope return to blogging on a regular basis again.
*****************************************************************************
Since we are at the beginning of a New Year it is a great time to evaluate our priorities and make adjustments where needed..  
It is a good idea to do this from time to time to make sure we are keeping the most important things at the top of our list.   
We must be intentional about this or we can allow things to creep into our life that suck up our time and energy.  Then we neglect or half  heartily attend to the most important relationships or things we need to be about.  When we get our priorities out of whack... stress begins to creep into our life.  Stress can be the first warning sign that we need to reevaluate.

My list goes something like this... my spiritual life...first, then my family,  eating health promoting foods, work, exercise, rest & sleep and laughter & fun sprinkled into everyday.
What does your priority list look like?
******************************************************************************

At our house there are a couple of us doing a detox cleanse of smoothies, juices, blended soups and salads....with some fresh fruits and veggies for some chewing action.  Tomorrow may be a day for all liquids....we will see as we listen to our own bodies.
This is my favorite Blended Salad or Soup Recipe~






Best Blended Salad
1 Ataulfo mango
(my favorite, but you could also use another variety)
3 small vine ripe tomatoes
mixed salad greens
2 swiss chard leaves
small handful of cilantro
1 1/2 c. celery
3/4 of a large cucumber
jalapeno peppers to taste
lemon juice

Blend to desired consistency
This made a full Vita-Mix container or about 2 quarts
and I topped mine with granulated dulse flakes

Blended soups and salads are easy to digest, filling and delicious.  You can make them any consistency you like...smooth for a soup or chunky so you have something to chew.  Leave out the fruit for a savory soup or salad...use whatever greens or salad fixin's you have on hand, change up your spices/seasonings, add avocado for a creamy soup or salad.or chop it into the bowl..be creative....if I think it might be too bitter I add jalapeno and it usually cuts right through it.
For the dressings I usually add the ingredients right into the blender...for instance...tahini, lemon juice and Bragg's Liquid Aminos is good....or for Italian...garlic, oregano, basil, dash of Olive oil or leave out the oil and use an avocado for the fat.  Sometimes I'll look at salad dressing labels of things I used to eat and create one of my own from their ingredients list that I modify.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...