Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 3 CSA Share and Mimi Kirk's Raw Cookies!

The picture above is my full CSA share with the exception of some missing strawberries. I was cleaning them when I realized I had not taken my pic for the week's share.
Starting in top left corner and going clockwise:
Purple kale
bag of mixed salad greens
lemon balm & apple mint
sorrel (is hidden)
chives
parsley
green ice lettuce
asparagus
snap peas
strawberries

This picture includes more of the same.  I was generously gifted by a friend of ours that will be leaving the country to go on a mission trip.

Purple Kale Salad
2 bunches of kale including stems
(the stems were sooo tender and tasty I chopped them up and added them to the salad)
1 bunch of chives including the tops
8 mini sweet peppers diced
1 bulb of garlic
handful of diced celery
EVOO
lemon juice
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
drizzle of toasted sesame oil
dash of Himalyan Salt
1 c. soaked and drained pumpkin seeds

Mimi Kirk's book, "LIVE RAW" ~  came in the mail last week!....it was autographed and a special dog tag necklace was included.
Mimi was voted the sexiest vegetarian over 50 years old in 2009!  In fact Mimi is 72!
Great book Mimi! The pictures are gorgeous and the slick pages are wonderful to have while working in the kitchen...just in case of a spill.
This book is full of yummy recipes and tons of information.
I caught Mimi's Video a couple of weeks ago on how to make raw cookies...so I HAD to make them.
I modified my recipe by using coconut butter instead of coconut oil and added vanilla.
I ate too many!
I've posted Mimi's how to video below. You can find Mimi on Facebook or at her site Young on Raw Food
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I love Mimi! I just got her book too, made her red pepper pate the other day! Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...