Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Superfood Smoothie and Spearmint Tea

Ingredients for my morning Smoothie:
1 c. coconut water
1 kiwi
1 mango
1/2 banana
1 c. blueberries
handful of beet greens
2 handfuls of spinach
2 T. ground sesame seeds
1 t. Amazon Bliss
wheatgrass powder
Klamath Power3 (4 capsules)
2-4 T. Aloe Vera Juice
fresh ginger
Blend and add ice and blend again

Yummy!
The recipe above made about 6 cups.  I drank 4 cups and then went for a powerwalk with my daughter and one of the dogs.  When we got back I placed the rest of my smoothie in the blender and added 1/3 of a cucumber, 2 stalks of celery and some more ice for a recovery smoothie.

My daughter filling up the jug to make some Spearmint Sun Tea!!
1 gallon of filtered water
large handful of fresh spearmint leaves
cap and sit in the sun for several hours

remove leaves when finished and add sweetener of choice...we like liquid stevia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...