Friday, May 27, 2011

Kickin' Chipotle Swiss Chard Roll Ups!

What to do with all that wonderful Swiss Chard???

Our CSA shares have included Chard the last two weeks and I know there is more to come.  Many folks are not familiar with this colorful leafy veggie, so I would like to offer some ideas.  You can also check  my previous post... Cheezy Garlicky Swiss Chard

                               Kickin' Chipotle Swiss Chard Roll Ups
 Oh my, these are wonderfully delicious.
Early this morning I thought I'd make some kind of sunflower seed cheese.  So this afternoon
I decided that I would create one...how hard could it be?????   
This cheeses is so good I will be making it again.

Chipotle Sunflower Seed Cheese

In a glass mason jar:
1 c. raw sunflower seeds
cover with water and allow them to soak for several hours
drain, rinse, drain again
place in a Vita-Mix or food processor
add:
3 cloves of garlic
Himalayan salt to taste
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte~no measurements..
my lid fell off as I was shaking it
add enough lemon juice to blend
Blend until smooth
This Cheese will make anything taste good, so if you are not fond of the strong flavor of Chard
make the cheese hot and roll it up!

Assembly line for the Swiss Chard Roll Ups
Chipotle Seed Cheese
chopped up stems of the chard leaves (waste nothing)
cilantro
zuchinni and carrot noodles (leftovers from Pasta Marinara)
tomatoes

spread your cheese on the wide end of the chard leaf add toppings of your choice and roll up!!
Use whatever toppings you and your family prefer...be creative
You can also make a wrap with romaine leaves, collards, cabbage or whatever leafy green you have
The Cheese is good for a dip for veggies or crackers


Before rolling

Get your greens on...eat them raw as often as possible...they are nutritional powerhouses!

Thank you for taking time to read my blog

I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful weekend!!
love
peace
joy

God Bless

                                                                            Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...