Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pasta Marinara and Banana Pudding

Raw Pasta and Marinara Sauce

spiralize 1 1/2 small zuchinni

Marinara
1/2-3/4 c. sundried tomatoes (soaked)
1 medium sized vine ripe tomato
1/2 c. roasted and  marinated red bell peppers (in olive oil)
3 garlic cloves
blend until desired consistency

pour sauce over zuchinni noodles and top with pine nuts
I added some granulated dulse and nutritional yeast after I took the picture

This dish was absolutely delicious and very filling.  I can hardly wait for the abundance of zuchinni we ususally get with our CSA share.
Snack time!
banana and blackberries

The pictures below were taken by my young teenage daughter H'N'K
I walked into the kitchen while she was creating these yummy snacks for herself.
She was so proud of herself for coming up with these idea's and I am proud of her for striving to eat healthy and take care of her body.  After all, our bodies are the temple of God if we belong to Him and we are to honor Him by taking care of it.

H'N'K was spreading banana just like butter on her romaine and said she was having butter and bread..raw style.  She added cinnamon and raisin to top it off!
very yummy


Soon after her Raw Bread and Butter she came up with
CHUNKY BANANA PUDDIN'
BY H'N'K
1 banana
drop of vanilla extract
small handful of raisins
1 T. raw almond milk

smoosh together


Finished product~CHUNKY BANANA PUDDIN'
BY H'N'K

H'N'K also discovered this tomato with a nose.
I wanted to put eyes on him with raisins...
...my daughter said this is where the idea of Veggie Tales must have begun.

Laugh and love deeply today...

Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others Ph. 2:4

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try your "pasta" sauce!! Looks better than the one I make.
    I love your daughter's raw creations.
    Our bodies truly are temples of the Holy Spirit! And must be treated that way.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! The sauce was so good. I think the roasted bell pepper and lots of garlic did the trick! enjoy!
    God is so Good!
    His merciful kindness is sooo great towards us!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This meal looks yummy!!!!
    I LOVE the goofy tomato!! My kids went to a farmers market where the farmers donated funny looking produce for the kids to use to make characters!!! GREAT FUN and I will be writing a post for it soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...