Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Eve

I am in the midst of preparing our meal for tomorrow and hope that you will be sharing your day with people that you care about.
Every year at this time I either eat what I know will not cause me discomfort or I indulge and suffer.
This year I have come up with a wonderful dessert that I will be able to partake of that I want to share with you.
It is a Raw Cheesecake dessert.
I found the cheesecake filling somewhere on the internet but I did not write down my resource...so thank you whoever you are.
The Chocolate topping I have modified somewhat from RawDawg Rory's Chocolate Fudge Sauce.

Cheesecake filling:
3 c. soaked overnite and then drained raw cashews (mine sprouted!!)
1/2-1/3c. raw agave or raw honey
1/3c. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. coconut oil (warmed)
1/2t. vanilla
1/4-1/3 c. water

blend in food processor


Chocolate Fudge Topping

8 dates
1T. cocoa powder
dash of vanilla
water to desired consistency
(if you want it sweeter just add a squirt of honey or agave to taste)

process until thick and creamy


I pressed the filling into a pryrex dish and then chilled by freezing or put in fridge. After it was chilled I spread topping over it. I am using a mini spatula to cut and remove.

This is what I'll be eating tomorrow!! Yummy!!

I have made a Cheesecake with a crust for my family.

Crust
1 cup of walnut (or pecan, hazelnuts or whatever you prefer-you can mix them up)
5 dates (pitted)

process until very crumbly with the ability to stick together nicely and press into springform pan.

add pie filling freeze and then spread on topping. Mine is in the freezer until tomorrow and I'll remove it and place in fridge until ready to serve.

I also prepared a Spinach Avocado Dip today
this is how I made it today...it varies depending on what items are on hand..just be creative..don't be afraid to experiment.

3 ripe avocado's (pitted)
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1/3 c. of fresh lemon juice (add more or less to taste)
1 small dried red jalapeno
1 clove of garlic
a shake or two of Mrs. Dash

I blended mine in the Vita-mix but you can use a food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached.
Today I've been dipping my celery in it!


My son is a strict Vegan and he requested a cheeseball. Thus far I have not come up with a recipe myself for the cheese so I used a vegan cream cheese. I do not recommend soy but I do use it occassionaly in small amounts. Always make sure it is organic and non-GMO and preferrably fermented.

Dill Dip

1 tub of vegan cream cheese (softened)
1/8-1/4 c. of dried onions
1/8 c. dried dill (I did not measure this is just a questimate)
fresh almond milk to make it mixable and spreadable

mix together and enjoy with crudettes or seed crackers

One last favorite of mine

Stuffed Dates


pit your dates and stuff them with raw pecans or your favorite nut

These are the best raw candy there is in my opinion...just don't eat too many!

Be positive and Thankful...and remember the one that you are thanking!!
Our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...