Saturday, September 8, 2012

What to do with your Eggplant...make fakin maple bacon



We have been receiving eggplant in our CSA share and I thought I'd share one of my favorite Fakin Bacon Reicpes.  I do not make this often because of the high fat content.....but once in a great while I will make this to fix a bacon craving.
Eggplant Bacon Recipe 

I find that the proportions of all the recipes I have tried is just too greasy...so here is what I made yesterday and it is perfect
2 med. eggplant~peel and slice on a mandolin in long strips like bacon
soak in a mixture of:( I blend mine in the Vita-Mix)
1/4c. olive oil
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 T. raw honey
1 T. agave
or for maple flavored bacon eliminate the agave & honey and use 2T of maple syrup
lots of cracked pepper

dehydrate overnight at 105 degrees

pictured above is a blended salad and fakin bacon, lettuce, tomato & vegan mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...