Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Banana Soft Serve and what I'm doing with my Veggies


Yesterday was our first portion from our CSA.  I am blessed to belong to two of them.  I received strawberries in my full share and more are expected next week from my other farmer.
We ate many of them, stems included.  Don't throw away the greens.  They are full of chlorophyll and other nutrients.  If you are not hard core like me, just toss them in your smoothie.
My daughter and I  had planned on making Banana soft serve today...but those strawberries were sitting on the counter so I tossed a few in....Yummy!!!
Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Banana Soft Serve
In Vita-Mix  
add in this order:
1/2 c. fresh almond milk
4 strawberries
4 medium frozen bananas broken up
1/2 t. vanilla 
begin blending at 2, then increase speed to 3 or 4 until four mounds appear.  stop your machine so that it doesn't overheat or melt your ice cream.  
This soft serve was absolutely the best!
you can use a food processor if you don't own a Vita-Mix.
Enjoy!






I have been getting lots of greens from my farmer over the last few weeks so I've been enjoying lots of green juices.  This is another way to get tons of micronutrients.

We received a leek in our share yesterday.  So I made some quinoa.
I made 2 c. of quinoa
then added
chopped leek
orange bell pepper
black pepper
lemon juice


Here is another item we were blessed with, asparagus
I water sauteed it with leeks and tossed in a few chopped collard leaves

My lunch
(we also received kale in our share) 
asparagus
quinoa

Being part of a CSA is a great way to recieve load of healthy immune strengthening micronutrient rich foods.
You can find pictures of last years harvest here. 

Thanks for reading.
God bless your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...