Friday, July 15, 2011

Ice Cream For Breakfast!!

Inspired by a fellow blogger at Raw Food Passion I decided to make some Blueberry Ice Cream last night.  I modified her recipe at bit, so here is my version:

Blueberry Ice Cream
In Vita-Mix:
1 c. frozen wild blueberries
3 frozen bananas
a little raw almond milk to blend until you get a soft serve consistency
I varied my speed from 3 to 6
Then we topped it off with unsweetened coconut & crushed pecans and a Blueberry sauce.

Blueberry Sauce
1/2 c. frozen wild blueberries
1 t. agave
blend to desired consistency
I left mine a bit chunky for texture



This morning after walking with our neighhood ladies I decided to have a bowl of fruit...thoughts of blueberry ice cream came flooding back...so I decided to make a fruity ice cream with the bowl of mixed fresh fruit I had on hand.  I made this one with a pudding like consistency.  You could add more frozen bananas for make it firmer

In Vita-Mix:
2 c. fresh mixed fruit (strawberries, kiwi, mango, oranages)
1 frozen banana
blend to get desired consistency
Topped with pecans and unsweetened coconut

This is one of many benefits of eating a raw food diet.  You can treat yourself to yummy foods and still be eating healthy!!

Remember to Smile today
Breathe Deeply
Move your Body
Drink lots of Water
Be Thankful!


Thanks for taking time to read my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...