Friday, April 13, 2012

More Local Veggies & Kale and Bean Salad Recipe


Here is a picture of some of the yummy young kale I received from my CSA farmer. 
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable.  
Kale is one of my family's favorite greens.  All of my kids love to put kale in green smoothies or lightly steamed.
Today I am making a kale & bean salad that I came up.

 
  Kale and Bean Salad
  
1 bunch of kale~cleaned and chopped
Place kale in the bottom of a large bowl

3 cans of variety beans~ ex. Black, garbanzo, kidney~ drain & rinse
1 small red onion diced fine
1 bell pepper your choice of color
2 stalks of celery diced

Place all of these ingredients in a different bowl.

Marinade
¼ c. honey or a mixture of agave & honey
½ c. lemon juice fresh or no preservatives
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive oil or flax or hemp oil

Blend marinade ingredients together and pour over bean mixture.
Add pepper if you like or salt free herbs of choice.
Then pour the bean mixture over kale and let sit for a couple of hours to marinate.

This can be served as a main dish or a side.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...